Nothing is Impossible to God

Photo by Alex Gindin on Unsplash
I’ve never been outspoken about my faith or uninhibited in expressing my views on something so deeply personal, but God blessed me with an open heart and I have known that profound love throughout my life. Rendered meek thinking about God’s awesome power, and the reality of how little we know and understand, what could be described as subservient is more accurately a complete embrace for His love and the truth that He walks with me.

I often desire to know more – specifically God’s plan for the universe and my role inside it – but even when faced with life-altering circumstances, I’ve never once asked God for a sign nor His favor. That’s not to say that I don’t fully believe in the power of prayer as well as the power of faith, but the Holy Spirit is always there, often reminding me that God already knows what’s in my heart while reaffirming my trust in His grace.

In today’s Gospel, the angel Gabriel visits Mary with the news that she will bear a son, and name him Jesus; the child will be born Holy and his reign will have no end. The gravity of that revelation must have been unfathomable, and yet Mary’s quick acceptance of God’s declaration is equally profound. Her faith is so resolute that despite initial questions concerning the practicality of such an event, she is quickly comforted and at peace with God’s will.

There are certainly times when the challenges in our life test our resolve, and our faith in God’s ability to do the seemingly impossible give rise to doubt. In those moments of uncertainty, God will assuage our fears if we only listen.

“Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord; your faithful and steadfast love will always guard me.” Psalms 40:11

Author: James Kramer, Advancement Department

Comments

Popular Posts