Being Proactive in Faith

The Lebanon Cedars
Today’s readings remind us that there is only one God, and that we are to trust in Him and love Him in all that we do. During this Season of Lent, we are constantly reminded of the presence of God around us, and the steps we must take to follow His path.

Every day, we are tested with the choice of whether or not to put our trust in God and follow in His path. It may be difficult at times, but after much discernment, we know that is truly the right way. Straight are the paths of the LORD, in them the just walk... but sinners stumble in them. Although we might not always feel it, the path we are being led down is what’s right for us and what will lead us to where we need to be. We are constantly reminded to trust in His grace and believe in the power of our faith.

The Gospel also reminds us “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” and that is something I have felt at Jesuit Dallas since the first day I arrived. I’ve never been much of a reflective person, so when asked to write a blog post during Advent, I was very reluctant. As “the New Girl,” I felt an obligation, and ultimately sat down, did my best, and sent in my post. The feedback received from Faculty and Staff members, some who I had never met, showed the true sense of community around Jesuit, making the decision this time around a little easier. We are truly taught to love our neighbors, and it is felt every day.

This Lent, rather than giving up chocolate or coffee (ha!) like I have in the past, I promised myself to be more proactive about finding opportunities for prayer and reflection in my every day. I’m trying to put my trust in God and be more open-minded about my involvement in my faith. Admittedly, it’s a challenge, but it’s a path I’m leading myself more and more towards, and I have faith I will find my way.

Author: Joelle Abi-Habib, Advancement Department

Comments

Popular Posts