Waters from the Temple

I must confess I needed to read today's passages 3-4 times and do some research from a couple of biblical commentaries to come to a fuller understanding of what is being said.

In Ezekiel 47:1-12, the prophet Ezekiel is prophesying in symbolic language the coming of Jesus (the temple) and the healing words (water) that will flow from him unto all men everywhere. And wherever these waters flow they will bring life to the dead. In Romans 5:8 and John 3:16, we read that while we were yet sinners “dead in our trespasses” Christ died for us and whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. I was once “dead in my trespasses” but by the love of my brother I was taught the Word and went into the water and now walk in newness of life.

In these troubling times, it is comforting to know that we have this advocate for our well-being. All we need to do is to partake of, to wade into this water. In John 4:14 we read, “but whoever drinks of this water that I will give him shall never thirst, but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life.” 

Let’s us give thanks for this water from the temple.

Author: Charlie Delong, Athletics

Comments

Popular Posts