One Nation, Under God

Both the First Reading and the Gospel reading in today’s reflections use the term “nation”. I think it is very interesting that this term is used, as our nation seems to be more divided than ever. The polarization of political ideas into right wing and left wing seem to be splashed on every television, news webpage and social media feed. It can feel, oftentimes, exhausting and debilitating. As a nation, we have lost our collective compass, and even more so, our collective compassion.

But, in that darkness there still shines a light. We are told in the Good Book that we will be reunited, not just as a nation here on earth, but in the afterlife with our Lord Jesus Christ. The reaffirmation of this unity is evident in the story of Easter and in the Risen Christ. What we must do is bring that Risen Christ into our lives everyday, and live our lives as Christians by the demonstration of our Faith.

This Lenten season has forced me to look inward and ask myself if I have been embracing Christ on a daily basis in my “normal” life, or if I have allowed earthly pursuits to monopolize my time. What I do know is that being a part of the Jesuit community has allowed me to focus more on my Faith, and I feel as If I have the support to continue my Faith journey with you. I also know that we can unite our nation once again by leading with our love and faith, for they will know that we are Christians by our love…

Author: Rob Boyle, Science Department

Comments

Popular Posts