A Compassionate Healer

I find comfort in knowing that Jesus is indeed a compassionate healer. It is up to us to trust Him. In the Gospel reading today, a man laid by a pool for 38 years but could not get to healing on his own. It was not until Jesus spoke those simple healing words: “Rise, take up your mat and walk” that his life was changed forever. He trusted Jesus and got up. This is not something he did on his own. It was only with Jesus that he was able.

Have you ever been in a desert? In a time where you needed healing or needed something but was unable to accomplish on your own? I have experienced this desert. During my divorce there was so many things out of my control and so much uncertainty that I was not able to handle on my own. It was a time in my life that I realized I needed to trust Jesus to get me through and to heal me. There were many tears shed and many sleepless nights, but when I look back over that time, He was always right there giving me healing words, holding my hand and never leaving my side. In a sense, he was asking me to rise up and walk. He was telling me He would help me move forward. Jesus has changed my life in so many ways and I am forever grateful. 

Jesus our compassionate healer is always here for us. During this Lenten season may we listen to hear what healing words Jesus might have for us.

Author: Laura O'Neal, Counseling Department

Comments

Popular Posts