I am a sinner!

Jesus died on the cross for my sins. How deserving of that sacrifice have I been? I am a sinner and sadly I continue to sin. How can I go on sinning, knowing that Jesus loved me so much he suffered a horrible death to save me? What is wrong with me? I love the Lord with all my heart. However, my daily life is at times, absent from showing Him how much I appreciate Him saving me.

Luckily, Jesus loves me and walks with me in all my sinfulness. As the gospel points out, Jesus wants to sit with the sinners and bring them closer to Him. He does not abandon those who need Him most. I know I am someone who needs Him. When I am at my worst with flawed decisions, gossipy conversations and argumentative actions, He is near me. Through prayer, He guides me to strive to be the person He intended when He created me. In community, He shows me His presence is never ending. With love, He continues to save me by bringing me to His table to receive His Saving Grace. I am a sinner longing for the grace of God in my life.

I pray this Lenten season will bring all of us closer to Jesus and worthy of his sacrifice on the cross.

Author: Diane J
Camara, Registrar

Comments

Popular Posts